Crew 443 Code and Bylaws
A. As a Venturer, I believe that America's strength lies in our trust in God and in the courage, strength, and
traditions of our people. I will, therefore, be faithful in my religious duties and will maintain a personal sense
of honor in my own life. I will treasure my American heritage and will do all I can to preserve and enrich it. I
will recognize the dignity and worth of all humanity and will use fair play and goodwill in my daily life. I will
acquire the Venturing attitude that seeks truth in all things and adventure on the frontiers of our changing
II. Crew Bylaws
A. Objectives of Crew 443
1. To provide high adventure opportunities to youth.
2. To be a resource and a service to troop 443 and to the community.
1. Crew membership is extended to all youth, ages 14 to 20 (who have completed the eighth grade).
Members are not required to be a part of the chartering organization.
2. Members may remain active within the crew until their 21st birthday.
3. Everyone (including adults) involved in crew activities is required to obtain and maintain a class III medical
1. The elected offices of the crew include the positions: president, vice president of program, vice president of
administration, secretary, and treasury. For a full list of duties and responsibilities consult the Venturing
2. Elections a. Elections will be held regularly every 6 months.
b. All members are eligible candidates, but there is a maximum of 2 consecutive terms in one position.
c. Elections are held in June and December. The new officers terms begin in July and January.
d. Candidates must inform the president of their decision to run for office the night of elections. The
President must be informed at an appropriate time before the presentation of the candidates.
e. Voting is done by secret ballot only.
D. Crew Business
1. All business within the meeting must be pre-approved by the officers.
2. All business must be conducted in an orderly and respectful manner.
3. When voting, the simple majority of all present rules.
4. Amendments to the Crew Code and Bylaws require the approval of two-thirds of all active members.
E. General Meetings
1. The crew must hold a minimum of two meetings a month.
F. Officers Meeting
1. Crew Officers are required to meet at least once a month.
a. All officers meetings are held separate from crew meetings.
b. Officers must meet at least once, on a separate day from any crew activity.
G. Parent Committee
1. Crew 443 is required to maintain a committee of parents at all times.
2. This committee must meet separately and regularly from the crew and officers meetings.
H. Money Earning Projects
1. Projects must be approved by two-thirds majority of active members.
2. All projects must be scouting appropriate as deemed by the parent committee.
a. Projects must be submitted to the parent committee for approval prior to their implementation.
3. All crew members are expected to participate in some way.
1. Two months of unexcused absences from meetings will result in the member being considered inactive and
unable to participate in crew activities until they have met with a crew advisor.
2. The Crew is expected by Troop 443 to host 3 activities or outings for the troop.
a. The Crew is not allowed to attend more than 6 troop outings.
1. Button down venturing shirts are to be worn to all Crew meetings and public events
a. Excepting backpacks
1. No Public Displays of Affection are to be present during any Crew event.
2. All crew members are expected to live according to the Venturing Code and Oath.
3. All members are expected to act appropriately and safely.
1. Violation of bylaws will result in a counseling session with the crew president and/or advisor.
Printer Friendly Version